Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC)
Executive Director's Welcome remarks:
It gives me great pleasure to officially welcome you to Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC) website and thank you for taking time to visit us. As part of our commitment in the preservation and promotion of Art and Culture, we pledge to continue working closely with you in ensuring that this dream is a reality.
A lot has changed over the years which has impacted on the institution; however, we remain steadfast to serve you in the best way possible. I am therefore calling upon all of you -Arts and Culture lovers to continue engaging and supporting us.
As a new management team, we have given ourselves 100 days from 1st December 2013 as a target upon which you will be able to gauge us. A brief of the 100 days plan is as follows;
- Review the UNCC Strategic Plan and focus it to he core mandate of preserving and promotion of culture in Uganda
- Develop an integrated approach to management encompassing good leadership and best practices: HR, K & FM,
Integration, Systems Management, Customer Relationship Building and Management, Corporate Governance & Compliance, Stakeholder Relationship and Procurement.
- Develop a reach out strategy to all cultural institutions, artists, writers, performers, artifacts and other stakeholders to foster positive and cordial relationship with a view to rebranding and positioning UNCC
- Promote accountability and Corporate Governance
- Promote partnership and inter-organizational collaboration for the centre (strengthen ties with MOGLSD, MOF, Parliament, Donors and Development partners etc)
- Initiate an authentic data intelligence management/automation of UNCC. Commission an audit of UNCC by a government agency ((Office of the Auditor General)
We shall endeavor to keep you abreast of any new developments from time to time. We will also welcome your valued feedback as we continue to serve you.
Lastly, on my own behalf and on behalf of the management and Staff of UNCC, let me take this opportunity to wish you a Joyous, Splendid and Festive Season.
May God fill your Life with Love, Joy, Peace and Wisdom this Holiday Season and throughout the Year 2014.